Thursday, May 28, 2009

Results of Freedom Open in Leesburg.

Weighed in at 266 so I was in the 275lbs weight class and the 55-59 age division. I opened with 340lbs and it went up easy. Second attempt was 365lbs. It was a little wobbly at the lift off so I held it at the top until it was steady, it went up fast. My confidence was high at this point and I raised the weight to 385. I previously missed 375 at bench nationals last summer. The lift was strong and smooth and 49 pounds over the 336 national record that we started the day with. I opted for a fourth attempt at 405lbs. to up the record again. I had a mental lapse and held the bar after lift off for almost 4 seconds waiting for a start command. Of course there is no start command in the 100% Raw Federation. I brought the bar down a little high on my chest and was not able to complete the lift. I had to settle for setting a new national record 3 times. The world record is also 336 but this was a sanction II meet so national records were as high as you could go.

No comments: