Monday, May 11, 2009

Next up the 100% Raw Freedom USA Open:

Next Saturday Sid, Mike (new guy from Fitness 19), and I will take Pat over to Leesburg for a raw bench meet. The 100% Raw federation allows lifting belt only.

I will be attempting to set a new national record for the 55-59 275lb weight class. The current record is 336lbs. I will be opening with 340lbs.

As we know I was drug tested at the Richmond meet. I am not worried about anything I have taken for weight lifting, however I have taken some new supplements that are about healthful aging etc. (Protandim and Resveratol) The only problem with them is that the conditions with which they are packaged are not controlled like they are for drugs so there is the possibility of cross contamination with a supplement that may have been packaged just prior to whatever you are using. This is a chance you take with any supplement. I would however like that big Pass to show up soon.

I think I figured out why I have been steady putting on pounds. Back when I pulled a groin muscle I quit doing my daily morning squats. I do these to fire up my metabolism so it burns strong all day. I started back on the morning regimen last Monday and have dropped 5 pounds already. Whew! (Slap forehead).

After this meet I am going to purchase a new Super Katana and start shirted traing from the beginning. The groove is different from the Fury and therefore the technique is different also. I have to train to keep my head on the bench. I will train for the nationals in Cleveland in September. If I cant get the shirt to work for me I think I will just lift raw.

No comments: