Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Raw Nationals!

July 24 -26

Training has been going well. I am hitting the numbers on schedule as planned. I am staying injury free to date. Hotel reservations have been made. No need to fly, just a 90 minute drive to Charlottesville from Manassas. Pat and I will go down Saturday the 25th and stay over. I lift on Sunday the 26th. My weight is very close to where it was last year and ten pounds below SHW.

I am hoping to bump my numbers from last year by about ten pounds on each lift, which will put me over 1300. In 2004 I took gold at Masters Nationals in the M3 275's equipped with a 1290. I was 54 years old. Five years later I have a very realistic chance to beat that lifting raw.
As you might well imagine, I do not subscribe to the theory that you get weaker every year as a masters lifter.

No comments: