Monday, February 28, 2011

Virginia Open 2-26-2011

BOMB SQUAD

attempts
496
501
501

Touched with all three. Rookie mistake on first, had the straps on my singlet down and had to re-adjust my shirt and belt under the gun. My focus was blown but I still took it to the transition.
Second one flew off my chest but stalled at lock out

Third one went a little low but I still got if off my chest, however Jim Pope told me my feet were dancing like mad. I couldn't lock out. The only problem I could see was that the competition bench is a little taller than the one at the gym. When I clenched my butt cheeks my feet came off the floor to where they barely touched and I lost any arch I had and my ability to drive with my legs. I am pretty sure this made the difference in not being able to lock out. I still have until December to make this lift and be the first American over 60 to bench press over 500. Greg Chrun will turn 60 then and probably go over 550. I will have to try the short blocks if my weight stays where it is.

No comments: