Monday, September 13, 2010

The 25th Virginia State Powerlifting Championships @ Zions Cross Roads Va.

September 11, 2010



This meet was dedicated to the memory of Will Morris. We started out with the Pledge of allegiance, in rememberence of 9/11/2001.



Had about 65 lifters. John Shifflett ran two platforms and had plenty of help. The meet started a little late but ended way earlier than any state meet I have particioated in before. Even after the extra hour for drug testing my wife was really pleased that it was only 3:00pm.



Because there were no previous records at RAW 60 to 64 ( M3b) SHW, all of my lifts would be American record attempts. This would require national refs in the chairs when I lifted. John has always seen to it that he had the correct referees for setting national records. My goal was to go 9 for 9 and set the records high.



I opened in the squat with 408. This is what I finished with is St. Louis 2 years ago. I went to 424 for my second attempt. This is what I finished with in Charlottesville last year. I finished up with 451 a 27 pound PR. All three lifts were good






I opened in the bench with 362. This is an easy weight for me, but because I had been training with a shirt the last 8 months for bench nationals my raw bench has slipped a little. After making the lift I went up to 369 and then 380. The 385 is 5 pounds off my previous PR but I missed 385 in the gym the past two weeks. All three lifts were good.


6 for 6 all white lights goin into the deadlift.

I opened with 501. I then went to 518 where I finshed in Charlottesville last year. I finished with an easy 530.



9 for 9, 27 white lights with a 1360 total. A great day, next time I shoot to break 1400.

No comments: