Monday, August 24, 2009

Two more work outs until Bench nationals!

Today was the second bench work out since dropping the weight on my chest. I was OK with it but not too impressed with the shirted lifts.

Had to pull some spotters in from the Sunday morning "crowd". This is a pet peeve of mine since I started lifting with gear 5 years ago. I am a regular lifting buddy. This means I show up regularly week in and week out. I help out my lifting partners with advice, spots, and usually some free equipment. So three weeks before a national championship I would think they could return the favor and show up for the work outs. But then I am probably too hard on people and expect too much from them. That is what my boss tells me at work when I complain about the help, of course he says this as he piles more and more work on me from his plate.

Anyway, Sid and Leigh (who are reliable lifting partners)) and I worked shirts on Sunday. Unfortunately the vids of my lifts had problems and were unusable for review. Sid did however get some good vids of Leigh.

Here is a good one of her getting a double at 190

and here is her last lift at 190

Leigh did a total of 6 lifts counting the double @190, this is really good work.

1 comment:

Hutch said...

She lifts like a girl. :(