Monday, August 17, 2009

First workout after dropping 225 on my chest!

Very anxious about today's workout after the mishap last Sunday and then how things felt on Tuesday.

I warmed up in the usual manner going to 365 before putting on the shirt. I had Leigh take video of my head to see if and when my head came up.

I started with 435. This went fast and smooth, however just before touching my head came off the bench.


I took about a minute to rest and then tried it again. This time I tilted my head back and looked up and back just like when I am squatting. My head stayed firmly on bench but the bar touched a little low.



Loaded 465 and used the same technique. My head and shoulders raised up a little at the bottom but my head never left the bench. The bar touched well and the weight fired of my chest and locked out easy.

All In all I am very happy with the work out. I am confident that I can lift in Cleveland next month and keep my head on the bench. I am confident that I am capable of lifting enough to take the 55-59 275 class.

My chest was tight and sore this morning but that was to be expected. I am sure that it will recover more every day and my potential will not be diminished.

Notice that I talk about capabilities and potentials. Nothing is ever assured in a contest.

No comments: