Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Ready for Richmond!

On April 11, I will be heading down to Mechanicsville (Richmond suburb) for the Richmond Open.
I hit 405 unequipped on the flat bench last night for the first time in 3 years. I have nailed over 500 in both my past two shirted work outs. The American record for 275 - M4 (55-59) is 490. It looks like preparation and opportunity are about to come together for me. I decided to do bench only so that I could coach my friend Sid in his first meet. He has been training hard and made some great gains. I think he will go over 1300 Raw in his first meet ever.
I hate to open with an American record, because some judges (to remain unnamed) think that you deserve to be red lighted for the presumption. However, if that is where the shirt is dialed in at, then that is where you have to open. Just have to try to make it very clean.
My weight has crept up to the 260’s but my strength is back to where it was when I weighed into the 290’s. My legs and chest have put on a great deal of solid muscle. My shoulder has stopped hurting completely. I think I have to credit the chiropractor for the shoulder rehab. He told me that as he fixed my neck problems my shoulder problems would probably go away as well. This is stupendous, I was ready top go under the knife.

No comments: