Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Every which way but loose!

This is how the chiropractor has been turning my neck.

My neck has been stiff for about six months. The range of motion from side to side was also diminishing. I was getting a tingling sensation in it and down into my shoulder as well. It did not go away. I was at my companies health fair last week to get my annual flu shot and they had a local chiropractor there. I talked to him for maybe twenty minutes and he seemed to have a good understanding of my symptoms and assured me he could make it better. I have been to see him twice in the last week. The range of motion in my neck has already increased and the tingling does not occur nearly as often.

I thougth that the problem was caused by falling asleep at the computer and snapping my neck when I woke up. Doctor Phil (yes, that is his name) told me that my problem is caused by scar tissue build up from a very old injury (at least twenty years) which caused mis-alignment of my spine. I know, that is what they all say is the root problem, but just because thay all say it certainly doesn't mean they are wrong. As a matter of fact, twenty two years ago I fell 26 feet and landed with both feet on the edge of a hack of 8" semi solid cinder block. I blew both my heels out the bottom of my feet. I landed with my legs bent like I had been taught in ROTC Ranger school. The doctor back then told me that this is the only reason I did not break my pelvis, back and neck resulting in death.

Any way, I have bought in and signed up for twice a week for twelve weeks.

No comments: