Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Major decision time!

The new coaching staff for the Masters World Benchpress team has published the nominations for the 2008 team. I am not even listed as an alternate. I can not claim any surprise since I sucessfully completed no equipped lifts this year. This makes a few decisions easier for me. I was contemplating going to New Zealand as a spectator. However with the US and World economy tanking as I write this, I think it prudent to look to the future.

I am going to take 8 weeks off from the benchpress to allow my shoulder impingement to repair itself. This means no bench until after Thanksgiviing. I will train with Sid Zullinger and Leigh Haines as usual, spotting and loading, but I will be working roatator, back, triceps and biceps while they bench.

I started a new regimen of supplements upon returning from Charlotte. Like most of my supplementation, they are about personal health and fitness as opposed to powerlifting. My next post will be about my supplementation program.

No comments: